FAQs for Submissions
- A single distribution deal for the top 5 winners on the Online Label G.M.I.R. operated by P-Force Entertainment
- The grand prize-winning song from the top 5 shall be the official musical theme for JB Dondolo for one year on all/any JB Dondolo platforms.
- Usage of song as “Music for Water” by JB Dondolo
- Featured at the Equanimity Awards Gala on November 14, 2020
- Featured on our various platforms including but not limited to JB Dondolo Worthy News, JBD Worthy News Show, NSAEN magazine and other media outlets.
Submissions are open from August 15 (9:00:00 PM EST) through October 7 (11:59:59 PM EST). Not August
Anyone who belongs to a member of a collection society and is at least 18 years of age is eligible to apply.
Yes, you must be a member of a collection society in order to receive your royalties.
Yes, you retain the rights to your song. We will be using the top 5 songs for promotion, marketing and advertising purposes only for the term of one year, with the option of use JB Dondolo for future campaigns. You shall receive all the royalties from your distribution deal.
The submitted song must be unpublished, unreleased, and the sender must possess all legal rights (that includes each team member that worked on the song) to the song in its entirety and the individual needs to have a permission from their company for the release.
The song should be of sufficient studio quality and also be available as a complete file in a professional recording session format such as Cubase, Logic or Pro Tools.
High Resolution Photos for Cover from Artist/Group are required.
- Does my song have to be an original?
- Does the song need to be registered?
- Does the song have to have vocals?
- What is the minimum length?
2 minutes 30 seconds
- What is the maximum length?
- Can the song be written by a team?
- Does the song have to be a video or audio?
It has to be mp3 audio only
You can contact the Music for Water Team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The contest is reviewed by 5 expert judges who are in the music industry or are closely affiliated with the music industry. The duration of review is 2 weeks (October 15-31). The judges will determine who will place in the winning 5 out of the top 20 submissions. The winning 5 submissions will be announced on November 1 and will be displayed on the JB Dondolo website.
We will make contest updates and announcements on all social media outlets. Please be sure to like and follow us on social media!
Four (4) criteria will be used to evaluate your submission:
Lyrics & Composition
- Does the composition show thoughtful attempts at rhythm, harmony and melody?
- Does the lyrics, composition have potential for commercial radio play?
- Are the lyrics emotionally engaging?
- Is the song memorable, does it have a "hook"
- Do you see potential for this song to be commercially viable?
- Is there thoughtful or creative use of instrumentation?
- Is the song well timed, organized, showing polish?
- Does the song answer the theme in a personal, unique way?
- Does the songwriter surprise you with creative use of language, vocal arrangements or instrumentation?
- Does the song utilize interesting musical and rhythmical devices?
Speaks to the Theme
- Does the song follow the narrative?
- How well do the lyrics reflect the theme?
The top 5 submissions will be announced on November 1, 2020. They will be displayed on the JB Dondolo “Music for Water” website. Furthermore, we shall make the announcement on our social media platforms.
Unpublished submissions are required. You may keep your song up on YouTube channel but it must be set to private. The song must be publisher-free or may not yet be published (i.e. must be unlisted). In addition, the sender must have all rights to the song in its entirety.
No. We will only publish the top 5 selected songs.
Royalties for the winners will be handled and contracted accordingly as required by law with our record label company partner G.M.I.R.
Unfortunately, we do not accept any submissions that are not submitted through the JB Dondolo “Music for Water” website.
Unfortunately, we do not accept any late submissions. Since the contest is annual, we encourage you to try submitting the following year. Please subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on social media to keep up with the latest announcements and updates.
FAQs for Voters
Anyone who is at least 18 years of age is eligible to vote.
You can vote during the open period of October 8 (9:00:00 PM EST), 2020 through October 14 (11:59:59 PM EST).
To vote, please go to the website www.jbdondolo.org/voting. Please note that this is the only acceptable way to vote.
No. You don’t have to login in to vote.
Once. We allow one vote per person a day.
Voting frequency is per Calendar Day (based on a 24-hour gap). That means you vote once a day.
Your vote carries weight. The top 20 would be decided by 50% votes and 50% by our music industry experts.